What Happens to My Shoes?
Maybe you’re wondering how the hi-tops or high heels you’ve just donated actually make their way to the soles of men, women and children in need.
Here's how it goes:
1. You donate your shoes to:
2. Your shoes are transported to:
- Shoe Bank Canada headquarters in the generous and sunny community of Kelowna BC or our eastern Canada warehouse in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Here, shoes are organized into sizes and categories.
3. Your shoes are strapped on to those in need when:
- An agency qualifies them as a person in need.
- The person in need visits a Shoe Bank Canada location or a partner agency who receives a shipment of shoes from us.
4. Sometimes, that man or woman comes back a few days or weeks later to say:
- “Hey, I just wanted you to know I got job because of these shoes. And I’m really grateful.”
- “It’s just so nice to get around and do what I have to do in dry, comfortable shoes.”
- “My little boy loves his new runners. Doesn’t even want to take them off at bed!”
5. You've given someone a step up in life!
Together, with your shoes, we’ve just given girls and boys, men and women a chance to smile, lead healthier lives and maybe even break the cycle of poverty. Pretty cool, right?